Once you've set up your Google Cloud Function, it's easy to get Reactor Functions to start triggering it.
1. Go to the Ably site, and visit your dashboard
2. Click on the Reactor tab and click "New Reactor Rule"
3. Click through "Reactor Event", then "Google Functions" to get to the configuration page
4. Configure your Reactor Function
Ensure you include the correct details of your Google Function. You can easily check the region, Project ID and Function Name from your Google Function.
For more details on the impact of the other settings, such as envelopes, look here.
5. Publish an event through Ably!
Your Reactor Function should be ready to trigger when messages are sent on the channels it's listening to. Give it a try, and hopefully your Google Function will receive a request! If you're facing issues when trying this, take a look at this article on how to debug a Reactor Function.
6. Further help
If you want a detailed guide through making your first application with Google Functions and Ably Reactor Functions, check out our tutorials.