If you are asked to provide your app ID by one of our support team, you can find it in a number of different ways describe below. Please note that your Ably account will have one or more apps within it. By default all new accounts are provisioned with a Production and Sandbox app, but you can create as many apps as you required.
1. App ID is within your API key
An API key is made up of three parts, the App ID, the Key ID and the Key Secret. Take the following API Key:
This can be broken down into:
- App ID is the part before the first period: I2E_JQ
- Key ID is the part after the first period and before the colon: Eh3k3g
- Key secret (which you should never share with anyone, including the Ably team) is the part after the colon: w6oJhTBKnW0RyNUz
2. App ID is visible in your app dashboard
Within your app dashboard your app ID is always visible at the top of the page. First login and visit your app dashboard. Then see the screenshot below in order to find your App ID.