Ably is a globally meshed realtime service that is hosted within Amazon's cloud infrastructure.
We have our servers distributed across more than 16+ physical data centres, and 175+ edge acceleration points of presence globally, so that we can achieve our two primary goals for Ably:
- Deliver the lowest possible latency for connected clients anywhere in the world.
Note that clients are automatically connected to the nearest data centre to reduce latency.
- Provide maximum possible continuity of service and data redundancy through the use of our unique clustered mesh design.
Note that each of our 16 data centres are physically isolated from each other ensuring that a failure in one data centre has no effect on any other data centre.
- See the status of our data centres by region at https://status.ably.io/
- See the global round-trip latency stats for Ably measured by Uptrends (external service)
- Find out more about the Ably network.